August 17, 2011

First Pitch

Why am I here?  I've been writing for a while, but most of it hasn't been made public.  Publicly, I've been prowling other people's blogs and posting when I'm moved to.    After much prodding, I've decided to start this blog, open up this space.

What can you find here?  A few things:
  • Reflections from the ground: I'm an adult educator (most recently coordinating an ESOL program for low-income immigrant parents).  I work with the exact adults that people are talking about when they reference "parental engagement" and start programs like The Baby College.  
  • Links of interest: There is SO much info and SO many discussions out there re: education and policy.  I'll link to what's piquing my interest.
  • Explorations: My number-one interest are programs like the Harlem Children's Zone.  And the Promise Neighborhood Initiatives (PNIs--get ready for a lot of that acronym coming your way).  Such programs raise as many questions as they answer, or at least they ought to.  I'll dive in where I can.
I'd be impressed if this fledgling space led to vitriolic comment wars, but, hey, you can never be too sure, right?  Thus, when you comment, please keep it thoughtful and constructive.

Welcome and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment